Golf Course and Country Club General Manager
Our Golf and Country Club consists of beautiful public 18 and 9 hole courses in addition to a club house featuring a banquet hall for weddings and other events. We are seeking a personable, knowledgeable, experienced Golf Course and Country Club General Manager. This is a permanent full-time position. The General Manager will perform his/her duties to ensure the overall operation and management of the golf course and club run efficiently and productively. Along with being responsible for maintaining the day-to-day golf course services to assure high standards and total customer satisfaction the candidate must have a passion for the game of golf!
- Managing the golf course, clubhouse grounds, and other areas on the property.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of each department
- Overseeing event planning (including weddings and tournaments) staff.
- Perform regular inspections to ensure the equipment, golf course and grounds are safe for members, guest, and staff.
- Manage all aspects of the golf course’s activities to ensure and maintain the highest standards, quality of activities, and service and levels of player satisfactions.
- Work with head office to innovate new year-round revenue streams beyond current golf, virtual golf, restaurant and banquet facilities.
- Undergraduate degree in appropriate field to manage a golf course; or college diploma in appropriate management course.
- 3- 5 years plus of experience managing golf course grounds crew and other golf and country club amenities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment during busy peak periods
- PGA Canada Member an asset
- Knowledge of current federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations
- Detail-oriented with business and organizational skills
- Ability to build strong teams by motivating staff and leading by example
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on golfer needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
- Ariss Valley Golf & Country Club