Goose Hummock Golf Resort, on Edmonton’s outskirts, is an upscale public golf club and RV campground. The varied terrain and design provide a spectacular golfing experience. This 18-hole championship layout, designed by renowned golf architect Bill Robinson is picturesque and provides an engaging experience to all golf levels.
Goose Hummock opened in July, 1989 and is complemented with a full service clubhouse, banquet building, and in 2021 opened a new 100 stall RV campground offering all the amenities one would expect in this outstanding facility.
The business is hiring for the General Manager position.
General Manager – Job Description
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for overseeing and providing direction in all aspects of management of the business, including golf operations, course maintenance, customer service, sales and marketing, food and beverage, accounting/budgeting and human resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties, as directed by the Board of Directors, include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on management of the day-to-day operations of a full service Golf operation and RV campground.
- Maintaining positive and productive relationships between the golf facility and its Board of Directors, Members, public golfers, guests, employees, community, government, and industry.
- Coordinating and administering the golf facility's policies as defined by its Board of Directors.
- Developing a cohesive, motivated, efficient Management team.
- Developing operating policies and procedures and delegating goals to department managers.
- Producing annual operating and capital expenditure budgets by December 1st each year.
- Implementing and monitoring the budget, monitoring the quality of the facility's products and services, and ensuring maximum value of services to Members and customers.
- Securing and protecting the golf course assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Assisting the Board of Directors in the development of the facility's long- and short-range objectives, goals, policies and programs.
- Hiring and supervision of all Department Managers including Head Professional, Grounds Superintendent, Food and Beverage Manager, Chef, internal Accountant, and Cleaner.
- Cultivating and maintaining customers and establishing fees.
- Creating promotional materials and programs to attract and communicate with our customers.
- Developing plans for constant improvement of facilities for Members and the public.
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with Suppliers and Contractors.
- Promoting Goose Hummock as Edmonton’s premier destination for golf and events such as tournaments, weddings, parties, and corporate meetings
- Regular monthly reporting, operational and financial, to the Board of Directors
- With an eye to detail and to the bottom line, the ideal candidate will be practical, flexible, and positive, willing and able to work flexible hours, possess proven supervisory and communication skills and be able to delegate and follow-up to ensure that objectives are met.
- Goose Hummock’s General Manager will possess business administration experience and a good knowledge of the golf and hospitality business and possess a diverse skillset including:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal with club members, the public, and employees.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to develop and monitor budgets and financial reporting.
- Marketing and customer service skills to attract and retain members and customers for golf and restaurant facilities.
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource practices and rules.
- Tech savvy in order to market the business through social media and other sales channels.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000+ depending on experience
Additional pay: Bonus pay
Benefits: Extended health care
Experience: Management: 3 years with a B.Comm or MBA is preferred, other equivalencies will be considered.
Work remotely: No
To apply please email your resume to GOOSEHUMMOCK.JOBS@GMAIL.COM
Application Deadline: December 10, 2022
- Goose Hummock Golf Resort