Business and Clubhouse Manager
Legacy Pines Lifestyle Co-Operative Inc. owns and operates a vibrant member-owned semi-private 9-hole golf course and recreational facility, situated just north of the Village of Palgrave in northeast Caledon. In its 10th year, the Golf Club is the heart of a thriving Adult Lifestyle Community, known for its fun, friendly environment, and excellent customer service.
The Business & Clubhouse Manager oversees the day-to-day operations and activities of the Clubhouse facility, two Tennis courts, four Pickleball courts, two Bocce ball courts, a gym, a banquet room, and social and fitness activities. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors through the President and Executive Committee, the Manager administers organizational operations in alignment with the board's strategic, financial, and operational direction.
Guided by Policies and Bylaws, the Business and Clubhouse Manager shall lead and administer all aspects of the Co-Operative including activities and relationships between the Co-Operative and its stakeholders, including the board of directors, members, shareholders, guests, employees, community government and industry.
- Degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experienced in hiring, training, and management of staff
- Experience in Golf Club and/or Recreational Facilities Management
- Strong team leadership and mentorship abilities
- Proficiency in computers, office products, and online social media and marketing systems
- Experience with Golf tee time scheduling and Point-of-Sale systems, such as Lightspeed
- Strong understanding of billing/finance/accounting
- Ensure a consistently excellent service experience for stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of the Corporation's activities to ensure high stakeholder satisfaction
- Develop and implement operating policies, programs, and procedures
- Lead volunteer groups to perform co-operative duties
- Deliver short and long-term financial objectives in consultation with the Board
- Prepare financial forecasts and execute budgets
- Supervise and control clubhouse expenses, including payroll
- Lead human resources, oversee training programs, and act as a mentor to direct reports
- Coordinate and implement strategies within the Co-operative's strategic plan
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer proficiency for maintaining operation manuals, websites, and social media
- Knowledge of sport activities offered by the Co-operative
- Strong management, communication, and people skills
- Ability to interact positively with various stakeholders, including board, staff, suppliers, member volunteers and customers
- Innovative problem-solving and adaptation to diverse needs
- Research and interpret relevant documents for procedure implementation
- Report writing and ability to recommend appropriate actions or service upgrades
Legacy Pines Lifestyle Co-Operative offers a highly competitive remuneration package, including:
- $75,000 - $80,000 base compensation
- Bonuses based on top and bottom-line results and customer satisfaction
- Year-round salaried position
- Attractive holiday season and vacation package
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Golf Privileges
Note: This position is based at the clubhouse location (9 Zimmerman Drive), and work-from-home privileges are not available due to the nature of required community interaction.
This position needs to be filled by February 2024.
Please send your resume along with a covering email that outlines why you would be perfect for this position to email@example.com. Please also include your LinkedIn profile link if you have one.
All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
- Legacy Pines Golf Club