Assistant Golf Professional
The Rock Golf Club is currently seeking a PGA of Canada Assistant Golf Professional or Apprentice Professional. The Rock Golf Club, designed by legendary golfer Nick Faldo, has been artfully sculpted on the shores of one of Muskoka’s premier lakes, Lake Rosseau. Utilizing the site’s dynamic topography, the 6649-yard course is carved tight with narrow tree-lined fairways and sloping greens that wind through rock outcroppings, hardwood trees and rolling hills.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and grow professionally at The Rock’s world class facility. The candidate will be assisting the Director of Golf in all aspects of the golf operation and all while maintaining exceptional customer service levels.
- Providing excellent customer service to all members and guests. Offering professional advice, assistance, answering questions, and solving problems.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of day-to-day operations, including daily tee management of the tee sheet.
- Assist with the management of the power cart fleet and club storage facilities
- Assisting with inventory, merchandising, receiving, promotions, and monthly audits
- Enforcing rules and regulations of the club
- Assists with the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of golf services staff
- Managing the execution of all club events, tournaments, and special outings.
- Ensuring the cleanliness standards of the facility are being exceeded.
- Managing proper range maintenance and rotation
- Play, teach, and promote the game of golf
- Assisting Director of Golf with junior camps and programs
- Assist with duties as required by the Director of Golf
Successful Candidate will possess the following skills:
- PGA of Canada member in good standing or interested in pursuing a career in golf
- A keen desire to deliver outstanding customer service
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be extremely organized, with experience in managing events, leagues, and retail operations an asset
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems effectively
- Ability to assist with club’s junior program and lesson programs
- Proficient in Excel and Word software
- Experience with Tee On Software and asset
Remuneration and Benefits
$20 per hour based on experience
Employment Period April – November
Lesson Revenue 85% (if qualified)
Other perks to be discussed
Interested candidates are welcome to forward their cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Application closing deadline: February 29th, 2024
- The Rock Golf Club