Supervisor of Sports and Recreational Facilities
Le Sorcier Golf Club
TITLE: Supervisor of Sports and Recreational Facilities
IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR: General Manager
If you want to be part of a dynamic, innovative team that is always on the cutting edge of trends, then this opportunity is for you.
The employees of Le Sorcier Golf Club, Le Harfang and Le Rituel Restaurant are committed to our corporate values:
Whether it is on the golf course, on our trails, in our restaurant or within the team, we rely on these values to provide our customers and employees with an exceptional experience.
The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of the golf course at Le Sorcier Golf Club. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the facilities related to the maintenance of the course, equipment, repairs, make recommendations and manage the staff (10 to 12 people) in his/her area of activity.
- Manage and maintain the property including the golf course, equipment and cart fleet maintenance, landscaping of the entire property. May also be responsible for the maintenance of the sanitary facilities, open spaces, and undergrowth on the course.
- To submit, in writing, plans for the construction, reconstruction and renovation of the course to the General Manager. All projects must be discussed and approved with the owners.
- Supervises the construction, renovation and/or reconstruction of the property, whether performed by employees or a sub-contractor.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget for course maintenance and improvements with the General Manager. Develops the annual planning of activities required for the maintenance of the site, the related budget and the applicable quality standards.
- Coordinates the recruitment and selection process, hiring and training of employees.
- Supervises and manages the employees (10 to 12 people) assigned to the maintenance of the premises and the golf course to meet the objectives.
- Responsible for scheduling employees, determining tasks. He/she must also conduct daily checks of the golf course and make the necessary decisions to proceed with adjustments, all in accordance with the established objectives.
- Communicates to the General Manager the need to purchase equipment and materials for the maintenance and development of the course.
QUALITIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a supervisor or assistant in a golf club
- Advanced knowledge of agronomic management practices
- Understanding of golf rules and strategies
- Experience with the principles and rules of golf course construction
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and demonstrates ability to manage an experienced team
- Ability to manage a budget is an asset
- Bilingual (written and spoken)
- Must have current certification in pesticide application
- Willingness to further develop knowledge by participating in various on-the-job training opportunities such as seminars, hands-on workshops, literature, correspondence courses, and equipment displays.
This is a regular full-time position. The salary will be based on the candidate's experience and a company vehicle is provided. You must send your application with a resume by January 31, 2023, to:
- Le Sorcier Golf Club