Job Title: Golf Course Superintendent
Department: Golf Operations
Reports to: General Manager
Job Summary: The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the maintenance, operation and management of the golf course. Additionally, this position will provide professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the General Manager as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include:
- Manage and maintain properties including course, practice area, maintenance equipment, golf cart fleet, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, open spaces, wooded areas, sod farm and nursery
- Oversee construction, renovation and/or reconstruction of such properties, whether performed by maintenance staff or outside contractors as required
- Prepare the annual budget for the maintenance and capital budgets to implement Board policies established in accordance with the Club’s long-range plan and defined maintenance standards
- Formulate the annual maintenance and capital budgets to implement Board policies established in accordance with the Club’s long-range plan and defined maintenance standards
- Interview, hire, train, direct and supervise all staff for the purpose of maintaining club properties
- Plan all maintenance and project work, applying his/her agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the Club’s maintenance standards
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work
- Inspect the golf course daily in order to maintain a consistent quality
- Acquire equipment and purchase necessary supplies to maintain club properties based on budget allotments
- Responsible for inventory control and oversee the equipment maintenance programs
- Approve all expenditures and exercise cost control measures to keep, as nearly as possible, operating and capital expenses within the approved budgets
- Keep accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
- Communicate regularly with other members of the organization’s top management group to discuss activities, goals, plans and customer input
- Implement and attain certification for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in order to satisfy government regulations
- Manage and operate the staff under the guidelines and regulations of the golf course, and government
- As the role of Superintendent overlooks all elements of maintaining our golf course, there will be other duties as required that are not listed above
Skills and Education Requirements:
3-5 years’ experience as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Possession of an Ontario pesticide applicator license.
IPM Certification or willingness to obtain.
Valid driver’s license.
Ability to recognize safety hazards and apply proper safety protocol.
Ability to assign and direct work to colleagues.
Experience with the operation and programming of an automated irrigation system.
Knowledge of golf course maintenance practices along with proper use of various fertilizers, herbicides and pest control methods and materials.
Contact with all levels of personnel within the company and with customers.
Ability to interact with members and the general public in a professional manner at all times. Ability to perform a variety of tasks with some direction and minimal supervision.
Interested applicants can send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orchard Beach Golf & Country Club