Golf Course Superintendent
Golf Course Superintendent Job Posting
DEPARTMENT: Golf Course
SUBORDINATE STAFF: Turf Course Staff
REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The golf course superintendent is entrusted with the development and
management of the golf course outside areas. The responsibilities are to supervise the
construction and maintenance of the golf course, driving range and additional property, to
supervise the servicing and repair of turf grass maintenance equipment, to keep appropriate
records, and to prepare budgets and reports. Creating and managing a team environment is
essential for success of the course. Working hands on and involved in all jobs on the course is
WHO WE ARE: Fraserglen Golf Course & Training Center is a unique executive golf course
located in Abbotsford, BC off Highway 1 between Sumas and Whatcom exit. Our facility sports
an 18 hole par 62 course, a 40 stall two level heated and covered driving range, a pro shop, air
BnB house, chipping and putting area, a restaurant and a maintenance facility. The facility
relies on public play and an annual pass program as well as small and large group
tournaments. Our team strives to provide family fun experience in our everyday practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING AND OTHER
DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
• Plans, organizes, and directs the maintenance program for greens, tees, fairways, rough,
• Knowing the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, and
• Working on and supervising the operation of the equipment service and repairs. Procures
supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs.
• Prepares and presents the annual golf course maintenance budget.
• Participates in interviewing, hiring, and discharge of employees.
• In all instances, the golf course superintendent coordinates operations with the General
• Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is
working according to the appropriate occupational health & safety requirements, ie work
• The golf course superintendent assumes responsibility for managing and maintaining
club properties, which include:
A. The golf course
B. Maintenance equipment
C. Clubhouse grounds and landscaping
D. Driving range building and facilities
E. Grounds around rental property
F. Clubhouse building
MARGINAL DUTIES: In addition, the superintendent typically assumes the following
• Construction, renovation and/ or reconstruction of such properties, whether performed by
maintenance staff or outside contractors.
• Working under an annual budget is required.
• Applies chemical operations and controls all irrigation aspects.
• Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his/her agronomic and administrative
expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-range goals.
• Oversees the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the
work. The superintendent frequently works on the golf course to oversee quality and
• Acquires equipment and purchases necessary supplies to maintain the golf course and
other properties. The superintendent is responsible for inventory control and oversees the
equipment maintenance programs. Approves all expenditures with the General Manager/
Owner and exercises cost control measures to keep, as nearly as possible, operating and
capital expenses in line with the approved budgets.
• Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance
procedures, pesticide application, etc.
• Communicates regularly with other members of the top management group to discuss
activities, goals, plans, and customer input. Attending meetings is a must.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty to high standard. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE:
• A 2 or 4 year degree/certificate in agronomy horticulture / plant/ soil sciences is required.
• 1st assistant to golf superintendent for a minimum of 3-5 years an asset
• Has managed a team of staff.
• Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture.
• Participating knowledge of the game of golf.
• Knowledge of irrigation, pumps and mechanically inclined.
• Current BC Pesticide Applicator License/valid driver’s license.
• Computer skills required for reporting and operations.
We are looking for a hardworking individual that enjoys working hands on in every aspect of
the golf course. If this is a fit for you, please submit your resume with cover letter, contact
information for 3 references, and salary expectations on or before December 1, 2021 to:
Chris Graham, General Manager
Fraserglen Golf Course
36036 South Parallel Road
Abbotsford, B.C. V3G 2Z9
Thank you, in advance to all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
- Fraserglen Golf Course & Training Centre