Golf and Grill Manager
• The Golf and Grill Manager reports directly to the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager.
• In the absence of the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager, the Golf and Grill Manager may be required to report to the Strata President or designate.
• Employees who work in the Golf Shop/Grill report directly to the Golf and Grill Manager.
• implementing policies, including Management Employment policies, contained in the Golf Operations Manual and recommending amendments to the Manual as appropriate.
• maintaining a professional relationship with the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager, Strata Council representatives, Golf and Finance Committee representatives, employees, patrons of the Golf Shop/Grill, suppliers and service providers.
• ensuring high quality food selection and presentation.
• ordering and purchasing of all inventory
• developing and implementing employee development plans, with oversight from the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager.
• assisting with marketing plans and sale of golf tournaments.
• keeping current on food and golf trends that may have an impact on the Golf Shop/ Grill.
• ensuring compliance with all regulations and policies of the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Branch, Food Safety Branch and Work Safe BC.
• ensuring that all contracts for third-party services are approved and signed by the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager.
• communicating with the Golf Committee and Finance Committee Chairs or their representatives regarding golf shop and grill operations.
• working closely with the Accountant.
• other tasks as identified from time to time by the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager.
• overseeing the hiring and training of all Golf Shop/Grill employees.
• assigning and scheduling work for all Golf Shop/Grill employees.
• setting performance objectives for all Golf Shop/Grill employees and conducting regular performance reviews, including a formal written review annually.
• investigating and determining appropriate disciplinary action, in consultation with the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager, when contemplating disciplinary action that may be required to deal with the actions of Golf Shop/Grill employees.
• complying with the Employment Standards Act and with terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
• ensuring that the POS system is kept up to date with respect to inventory, customer data bases and prices.
• tracking food spoilage rates and instituting processes to minimize.
• assisting the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager with the maintenance of a capital asset schedule, ensuring make, model and year, acquisition date and cost, estimated remaining life and replacement cost for all equipment in the grill operation is up to date and accurate.
• assisting the Golf Superintendent/Operations Manager with the annual budgets and business plan, including making recommendations for new equipment acquisition as part of the year-end planning process.
• achieving the financial targets of the Golf Shop/Grill
Changes to Job Description
Changes may be made to this job description after appropriate notice and consultation with the employee.
Interested applicants can send their application to Greg Wadden firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicowynd Golf Club