About the Course & Club
West Haven Golf & Country Club is an 18-hole, private golf course designed by Rene Muylaert, located on the west edge of London, Ontario. Established in 1990, West Haven has become one of the premier private golf clubs in London.
West Haven Golf & Country Club - 7038 Egremont Dr. London ON N6H 0H6
Course Website : www.westhavengolf.com
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the club’s operation. West Haven is looking for a highly motivated individual with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, along with strong knowledge of the golf club industry. The General Manager will report directly to the Board of General Partners.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the Club’s activities and services to ensure a high level of member satisfaction and referrals to their family, friends, and colleagues
- Develop and implement industry-leading operating policies, programs, procedures, and methods.
- Direct the work and support the development of all department managers
- With the Board and Financial Administrator, deliver long and short-term financial objectives
- Prepare forecasts and execute the financial plan for the Club including development of annual operating, cash, and capital budgets.
- Arrange and participate in the annual financial audit in conjunction with the Financial Administrator;
- Lead the Club’s human resources, including establishing, initiating, and monitoring personnel policies and overseeing training and professional development programs. Foster an environment where staff wish to return, and candidates want to join the Team. Act as a mentor to direct reports
- Manage and intervene with issues of member related concerns/complaints and/or violations in code of conduct as required
- Coordinate and implement the strategies within the Club’s short and long-range strategic plan as created by the Board
- Welcome new club members, “meet and greet” all club members as practical during their visits to the Club
- Coordinate the marketing and member relations programs to promote the Club’s services and facilities to present to potential members. Develop ongoing dialogue and rapport with members by being present at all major Club functions
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory matters affecting the Club
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by the Board of General Partners, from time to time
- A trustworthy, dependable, and dynamic leader with the ability to foster a strong team atmosphere.
- To provide clear direction and continuous performance feedback and support for all team members.
- Experience managing golf course operations and capital projects.
- Knowledge of marketing (including digital) and its organizational impact.
- Direct experience and understanding of the operation of a for-profit golf course including the hospitality aspects.
- Incorporates succession planning by preparing staff for key leadership roles.
- A results-oriented self-starter who demonstrates integrity and high ethical conduct combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A confident, diplomatic, competent professional who recognizes the importance of accountability and innovation.
- Interacts with an open and transparent approach with members and staff
Member and Guest Experience:
- Capacity to consistently deliver exceptional standards of service and maintain high standards for the golf course and all facilities.
We are looking for an individual with:
- A post-secondary degree in business, hospitality, or professional club management credential (CCM); preferred.
- Minimum five years experience as a senior leader in a private club environment, or other similar top-tier facility.
- Proven experience developing and managing budgets and business plans.
- Hospitality experience with an excellent understanding of food and beverage operations, including pricing, menu development, inventory management and costing.
- Experience reporting to a board of directors and advising them on club decisions.
The club will offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience. The package will include base salary and other benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, and a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the described position.
The above should be submitted to:
The General Manager Hiring Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
West Haven Golf & CC is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
- West Haven Golf & Country Club