ABOUT Golf PEI
Golf PEI is a non-profit entity responsible for the marketing of the golf product for the province of Prince Edward Island. 16 golf courses currently make up the membership body.
Career Opportunity … Join the Golf PEI Team
Golf’s future is bright. Looking for a change and looking to make a difference? Golf PEI is seeking an Executive Director to lead and manage the goals and objectives of the Member Courses.
Golf PEI Offices, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
The successful candidate for this full-time position will be responsible to create an engaging atmosphere of collaboration and communication that allows the goals and objectives of the Golf PEI Member Courses to be realized. A leadership function of the position involves building and maintaining productive relationships with the Board, staff, and Member Courses.
The Executive Director is also responsible to supervise daily activities of the Association office and make sure that operations are running efficiently and effectively by enforcing policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors. Aside from having an expertise in business and human resources management, the Executive Director will have general knowledge of all fields of expertise covered by Golf PEI’s activities. The Executive Director has overall responsibility of the administration, financial management, communication, personnel management, planning and program coordination of the Association. The Executive Director reports to the President and works closely with the Board of Directors and committees to ensure the goals of the organization are met.
A. VISION AND STRATEGY
• Development and implementation of a measurable strategic golf destination plan that identifies and fulfills marketing opportunities.
• Implement operation plans to achieve the long-term business objectives.
• Establish a sustainable business model that balances expenditures with revenue and allows the organization to achieve and maintain long term financial stability.
• Formulate and recommend to the Board a multi-year strategic plan together with goals and strategies to achieve the plan within the board approved financial mandate.
B. ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
• Develop a strong team that promotes teamwork, innovation, and creativity and can achieve Golf PEI’s strategic plans and goals.
• Provide inspired leadership to staff in order to recruit, retain, develop and motivate talented personnel to execute approved plans and the goals set out in those plans according to organizational policies and standards.
• Direct all communications with staff and partners, ensuring that they are well informed of the Golf PEI’s direction, activities and developments in the industry in a timely manner.
• Evaluate performance of staff for compliance with established policies and progress related to organizational and personal objectives.
• Demonstrate respect and capacity for leading a provincial organization.
• Management of the association’s sales staff and reservation center.
• Management of the association’s day to day business operations and partnerships with private and public sector bodies.
• Ensure the effective and efficient management of Golf PEI’s programs and services (membership and member benefits, accommodation partners).
• Develop and administer policies and procedures as approved by the Board of Directors.
• Organize Association meetings (i.e. Annual General Meeting, Strategic Planning meetings, seminars & other events).
D. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
• Management of the association’s marketing and operating budgets.
• Initiate and develop the necessary process for the preparation of the annual budget.
• Monitor revenue and expenditures against approved budgets and provide regular updates to the Board of Directors.
• Establish and administer procedures for accounting, monetary control, banking, etc.
• Maintain control over inventory of all goods and assets belonging to the Association.
• Initiate the acquisition of additional sources of revenue.
• Liaison with accommodation owners, managers, and tour operators.
• Oversee all communications of Golf PEI.
• Ensure that all Golf PEI communication systems are operating efficiently and providing information to the membership or related agencies.
• Represent and speak on behalf Golf PEI.
• Management of the Golf PEI image and brand in regional, national, and international marketplace.
• Supervision of planning and development for the association’s marketing and communication materials.
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the media.
• Manage all social media channels.
• Maximize assets and increase self-generated revenue through strategic partnerships.
• Prepare funding applications for Federal and Provincial support programs.
• Acquire additional sources of revenue for Golf PEI through sponsorship of association properties and maintain the relationships with vendors.
• Maintain contacts with golf clubs, sponsors and other partners.
• Responsible for the implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the Association’s annual strategic plan.
• Coordinate annual planning process and provide guidance on possible new initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• A university degree or college diploma in marketing, tourism, or business or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Background in data management would also be considered and asset.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of marketing in tourism would be considered an asset.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a management role.
• Marketing and promotions.
• Government relations.
• Data Management.
• Knowledge of the game of golf.
• Knowledge of sport administration.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Skill in effectively supervising staff in order to achieve Association goals.
• Ability to create and monitor annual budget.
• Ability to organize and plan complex administrative and managerial work.
• Must exhibit leadership, professionalism and diplomacy.
• Ability to write using clear, concise and grammatically correct English.
• Ability to speak clearly, dynamically and effectively in person-to-person or group situations.
• Strong technology skills with competence in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and an ability to learn other software programs.
• Excellent management and planning skills.
• Ability to foster collaborative and productive working relationships with all member courses within the Golf PEI Group.
• Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and responsibility.
• Experience in working with governing Board of Directors.
• Experience in working with not for profit organization.
• Negotiable based on skills and experience with a value-add compensation package included.
• Salary: Full-time from $65-$70k per year.
• Dental care.
• Disability insurance.
• Extended health care.
• Flexible schedule.
• Life insurance.
• On-site parking.
• RRSP match.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
General Manager & Superintendent
167 Kinlock Rd
Stratford, PE C1B 1J7
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO APPLY, ONLY THOSE CONSIDERED WILL BE CONTACTED.
- Golf PEI