Director of Golf Operations
DIRECTOR OF GOLF OPERATIONS
Carruther’s Creek Golf & Country Club is seeking the services of a Director of Golf to join our team.
Carruther’s Creek Golf & Country Club is a year round golf facility located in Ajax, Ontario and is a family run two nine hole golf course and driving range.
We are seeking an energetic, service driven and passionate Head Golf Professional to lead our Golf Operations. The successful candidate will be member focused and have first-hand experience in delivering exceptional member and guest service.
• Supervise Pro Shop attendants, teaching professionals, back shop attendants, marshals and Starters.
• Responsible for the implementation within the shop and club of course policies and procedures.
• Scheduling of staff.
• Supervise proper charging of greens fees, shop merchandise etc.
• Develop, promote and coordinate tournaments & leagues.
• Enforce all club rules and regulations governing the use of the golf course.
• Maintain close working relationship with course superintendent and food and beverage manager.
• Monitor the daily operations and analyze the daily sales reports, weekly and monthly forecasts of the golf shop, establish monthly inventory goals, help develop purchasing policies and procedures.
• Recruit, hire, and train golf staff.
• Approve and submit all weekly time/payroll sheets, purchase orders, and invoices.
• Keep current with shop apparel and conduct the buying of merchandise.
• Supervise daily, weekly and monthly physical inventories of merchandise, the display of the merchandise.
• Supervise rental and use of rental carts.
• Supervise the operation of the back shop and driving range.
• Assist in the marketing of new memberships & loyalty programs.
• Support strong employee performance by setting clear expectations, providing performance feedback, and developing employee capability.
• Ensure product information is available to staff and customers.
• Attend trade shows, merchandise shows, and seminars.
• Assist in pricing merchandise, receiving inventory, restocking, shop displays, and displaying merchandise on floor in timely manner.
• Courteously enforce regulations regarding dress code, carry-on beverages, walk along golfers, cart rental enforcement, etc., to avoid conflicts for starters and marshals.
• Operate POS for all transactions; assure that POS is operating properly; perform routine trouble shooting for POS problems, and inventory input and management.
• Regularly attend league committee meetings as required.
• League scoring, prizing, contests.
• Membership paperwork and maintenance.
• Ensure that all staff handles cash accurately and according to established security procedures. Monitor cash supply in case change is needed.
• Maintenance and communication of all Health and Safety initiatives within the pro shop environment.
• Develop action plans to realize performance improvement opportunities and carry these through to completion.
• Participate in pro shop administrative activities as required, including maintaining scrolls, financial reporting, budgeting, and POS operations.
• Ensure all F& B service related food items are being properly handled and cleanliness standards according to the public health department are met. Must be familiar with safety & environmental policy protection policy and maintain regulations as they pertain to F&B areas.
• Maintain bar standards for alcohol service re: LCBO, alcohol control, and standard drink recipes.
• Ensure that all staff is Smart Served and 18 years old in order to serve alcohol or operate beverage cart.
• Ensure proshop staff members are Food Safety certified.
• Schedule and train Marshals and Starters
• Organize maintenance of power cart fleet as needed.
• Assist in maintaining F&B inventory and ordering stock as needed.
• Organize routine maintenance of golf simulators; keep adequate levels of parts and supplies.
• Works several proshop shifts to minimize payroll during off season and when needed.
• Works in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the health and safety act and regulations and wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that is required to be worn.
• Advise workers of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health and safety of the worker which you are aware of.
• Where prescribed, provide a worker with written instructions as to the measures and procedures to be taken for the protection of the worker and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the worker.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Class A Golf Professional member of the PGA of Canada or equivalent in good standing.
• Has a proven track record as a ProShop Manager or Director of Golf at a golf club with a minimum of five years’ experience.
• Has a passion, intrinsic desire, and willingness to serve. Dedicated to providing exceptional service to our golfers.
• An effective manager for a team of dedicated employees.
• Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with a variety of individuals.
• Two year college degree from a golf course management an asset.
• Experience in a retail environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty.
• Excellent organizational abilities – able to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced sometimes-unpredictable environment.
• Knowledge of Tee-On POS systems is an asset.
• Computer skills (PC Applications; Outlook/E-mail, Excel, Word)
• Must be able to work days, evenings, Saturday, Sunday, and holidays if required.
• Smart Serve, Food Safety and First Aid certification required.
Year round compensation based on experience.
• Playing Privileges
• Cell phone allowance
Qualified applicants are required to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Carruther’s Creek Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
- Carruthers Creek Golf & Country Club