Director of Golf
The Director of Golf reporting into the Chief Executive Officer oversees all aspects of Golf Operations including but not limited to the golf shops, turf care, merchandising, outside golf services, golf instruction its activities and relationships between guests, associates and the local community. The Director of Golf has the ultimate responsibility for maximum guest satisfaction and will strive to deliver an exceptional level of personalized service to the guests while ensuring fiscal responsibility and business savviness is kept at the forefront to serve the best interests of the organization. The Director of Golf role demands a dynamic polished leader that fosters positive relationships and interacts at the highest level with the guests and staff while representing FHSR with the utmost standards of service, integrity, and professionalism.
• Oversees the management and performance of all golf shop operations, turf care, guest services, and other golf programs, assuring high standards and total guest satisfaction
• In collaboration with the Director of Employee Experience manage the employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, and discipline.
• Oversee and manage the golf operations staff.
• Ensures the quality of the guest golf experience is in line with organizational expectations.
• In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer develop, coordinate, and execute the annual business plan including the operating and capital budgets.
• Oversees a robust merchandise operation including the purchasing strategies, inventory control, and presentation. Develops purchasing strategies that are consistent with guests’ demographics and needs.
• Monitor the daily operations and analyze the daily sales reports, weekly and monthly forecasts of the golf shop; establish monthly inventory goals; help develop purchasing policies and procedures
• Develops and oversees golf instruction, clinics, academies, and player development programs.
• Organize and execute an innovative and active tournament schedule that services all segments of the guests.
• Plays golf as time permits with a variety of guests and skill levels
• Enforces all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
• Coordinates plans with Food and Beverage staff for all food and beverage needs for regular play, tournaments, outings, and special golf events.
• Oversees and enforces the procedures, controls, and fee structures to ensure the safekeeping of assets, inventory, and resources.
• Ensures that all written correspondence, reporting, newsletter, and communications for the golf operations is completed on a timely basis.
• Co-operate and accept other duties, projects or assignments as assigned by the CEO
• Be flexible to work within the Golf Operations that run 7 days per week.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
• A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
• Must have a minimum 1-2 years as a Director of Golf, Head Golf Professional or other senior leadership roles in the golf business
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively & independently in a milestone-driven environment
• Understanding of course administration and operation practices and procedures
• Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills. Polished and professional demeanor and appearance
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including a high level of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook and applicant tracking software
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th, 2021.
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort