Assistant Course Superintendent
Kenogamisis Golf Club – Geraldton, ON - required asap
The Kenogamisis Golf Club is currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to become our new Assistant Course Superintendent.
This semi-private Club is 85 years old and is typically open from May 1 to September 30. Located in Geraldton, Ontario, this 9 hole golf course was designed by Stanley Thompson.
Working with the Club’s Board of Directors, the Assistant Superintendent will work closely with the Superintendent to implement a maintenance schedule for all related equipment and turf for the golf course, with the possibility of taking over the Superintendent’s position in one to two years. Responsibilities include implementing a program to keep all turf healthy and well groomed, creating maintenance schedules, training staff, assigning tasks, planning/implementing capital projects, helping to develop and maintain an annual budget and such other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an acknowledged turfgrass maintenance program
• 1 to 3 years experience on a golf course grounds crew OR 5 years experience in lieu of formal education in turf management
• Course renovation experience (drainage, tee and green construction)
• Working knowledge of turf types, disease ID, horticultural procedures, IPM (Integrated Pesticide Management), aeration and hydrology, daily mowing needs
• Experienced in the development and implementation of sound agronomic policies and best practices
• Knowledge of purchasing, staff training, equipment maintenance and budgeting
• Lead and teach by example
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of the Management (clubhouse, finance, golf) team
• Passionate support of the Club’s vision and strategy
• Ability to consistently work irregular hours, nights and weekends
• Adherence to budgets
Please forward applications/resumes to:
Course Management Chair
Kenogamisis Golf Club
Geraldton, ON P0T 1M0
OR send by email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those granted interviews will be contacted.
- Kenogamisis Golf Club