Apprentice Professional/Assistant Professional/Associate Professional
The Town of Parry Sound is the world-renowned jewel of the 30,000 Islands on Georgian Bay, Ontario. It is the birthplace of hockey legend Bobby Orr and home to several cultural festivals. During the summer it is home to many cottagers and a popular tourist spot where the population grows to nearly 100,000 people with seasonal residents, making for a very interesting dynamic! The area boasts several Provincial Parks and unlimited water for boating, canoeing/kayaking and fishing.
Parry Sound Golf & Country Club is a busy course based in the township of McDougall just a 10 minute drive from Parry Sound. The course consists of 18 Holes designed by Thomas McBroom completed in 1982, it also boasts one of the best practice facilities in the area with grass tee-decks, a chipping area with bunker and large putting green. The clubhouse is fully licensed and offers a menu to suit most palettes.
Job Posting: December 8th, 2022
Job Title: Apprentice Professional/Assistant Professional/Associate Professional
Club Facility: Parry Sound Golf & Country Club
Location: 50 George Hunt Memorial Drive, McDougall, Ontario
The successful candidate will assist the Head Professional with the day to day running of the club. He/She will be a member in good standing of the PGA of Canada or working towards membership of the PGA of Canada. You must demonstrate a positive attitude, be polite and a team player. Duties include the following:
- Using Tee-On software to set Tee-Sheets, book tee-times and sell merchandise along with memberships and other game related packages. Be responsible for the input and update of Pro Shop inventory and to help with the merchandising of the Pro Shop.
- Assist with all League play and Tournaments from preparation, organization and execution.
- Provide lessons to members and guests either private or group based and to run our thriving junior camps. This position will take the majority of the lessons throughout the season!
- The ideal candidate will be competent with computers including MS Office and Social Media along with an aptitude for maintaining our Website and producing a monthly E-Newsletter.
- Previous knowledge of Golf Genius software is an asset but training will be provided.
- Create bi-weekly staff schedules for Pro Shop, Starters, Backshop and Range staff and supervise the aforementioned staff working closely with the Head Professional.
- Promote a positive working environment.
- This is a salaried position that is very competitive around Ontario commensurate with experience.
- 100% lesson revenue.
- Free use of the golf course, power cart and practice facility when not on duty.
- Meal package.
- Discounted pro shop merchandise.
- Potential for a staff playing package.
- PGA of Canada dues paid.
- A relocation allowance may be provided depending on circumstances.
- This is an 8 month full-time seasonal position (March to October)
Interested applicants should please apply by January 9th, 2023. Please send a Resume and covering message to the following Email address or business address:
Please apply to: Alan Crocker (PGA of Canada Head Professional/Manager)
Or mail to Address: Parry Sound Golf & Country Club, 50 George Hunt Memorial Drive, McDougall, ON, P2A 2W9
Applicants may call Alan at (705)-342-5262 (then press 2)
Golf Course website – www.parrysoundgolf.com
The successful applicant will be working with friendly staff and made to feel welcome by the membership.
We look forward to your interest/application for this position.
- Parry Sound Golf & Country Club